Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Brain on Caffeine...

Hey Guys,

Well, I am sitting here contemplating how I feel about something I just did. Don't worry it isn't terrible. Here let me explain.

I have been wanting to review a product for a while. I tried emailing the company to see if they would send me a free sample to try and review for the company (some companies will do this so I hear). I explained that I would love to purchase the product but I am a bit short on cash.

She suggested that I go to a conference. Which is fine, except the one she suggested is over an hour and a half away and I simply don't have the money to drive that far with gas prices the way they are and only working part time keeps me kinda broke.

Then she suggested I become a distributor. Imagine my surprise. (enter blank sarcasm here). "That'll take care of your short on cash problem." she writes adding a cute little smiley icon at the end of her email. I sent her a kind email in return. "Thanks so much! I will make every effort to find the money to get there."

Oh, what is the product? The it works body wraps. I have always been a curious person and I have been researching to try to find the science behind this alleged miraculous flab cure. There is nothing but a bunch of mixed reviews, which look mostly contrived IMHO.

Well those of you who know me know, if there is information available I will work to find it so I set out to find the ingredient list. I wanted to see what is in these miraculous flab cure. I found the ingredient list and found among the 20 things I can't even pronounce, lots of leaf extracts including rosemary and eucalyptus at the very bottom of the list.

Well that discouraged me entirely from wanting to do that particular wrap since this 'botanical' flab miracle was made up of a lot of things I didn't want on my body. After all, 26 seconds is all it takes for the chemicals in your personal care products to enter your blood stream. and you wear this thing for 45 minutes under saran wrap!

So, I went to our friend, the internet, and did some more research. I have looked through dozens and dozens of YouTube videos and blogs, Pinterest pages and the like and have come to one singular conclusion. Pretty much the only way to cure the flab is to eat healthy, exercise, get good sleep and just fricking love yourself the way you are!

Having said that, I am going to go cut the saran wrap off my gut, wash off the coffee grounds and olive oil concoction I stupidly talked myself into trying.

Yes I found on the internet and yes it works if your goal is 3 days of caffeine racing through your veins. (oh my god I can see sounds now!) And no the gut is still there.

I am gonna go eat a Skinny Girl flat wrap pizza with all the veggies on it.

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! I went to one of those overpriced pressure parties, only because it was family, and watched them all jump on board....even one family member who has a university degree in science, and I am thinking to myself the whole time, "Are you kidding me? This is ridiculous! How can you guys fall for this crap?" Needless to say, it didn't work, and everybody was separated from their money with a thirty dollar wrap and then some! But the food was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Turtle! My momma always says , "a fool and their money are soon parted." Boy is she right with gimmicks like these!

      Delete